NPC Media, is a joint venture between Nine Entertainment Co. and Seven West Media. The purpose of combining the two operations was to realise economies of scale by consolidating infrastructure for the two businesses into one highly resilient (N+1) broadcast content delivery facility. To achieve this Seven would move from its Melbourne Broadcast Centre into Nine’s National Playout Centre (NPC) located at Frenchs Forest, Sydney. The move required significant expansion and infrastructure upgrades at NPC.
- $1.8M negotiated in additional landlord contributions.
- Expansion of an additional 600sqm of Broadcast Playout on Level 1.
- Fitout of 1,200sqm of office accommodation on Level 2.
- Base building amenities upgrades
- Installation of an additional chiller, new CRAC units and upgrade of the existing substation and associated transformer, consumer mains and main switchboard works.
- The project was delivered in a 24/7, 365-day live operating environment on time and below budget
- NBN Newcastle Office Fitout & Studios
- Northern Territory Television, 82 Mitchell Street Darwin
- NPC, 7.3m Vertex Uplink Satellite Dish installation
- DENG Tower, Level 37, 1 Dennison Street, North Sydney