Nine’s objective was to install a motorised 7.3m ku-band satellite uplink dish on the roof of the Nine National Playout Centre to support its playout business.
The Ku band (Kurtz-under band) is primarily used for satellite communications, particularly for editing and broadcasting satellite television.
- Council Development Consent
- Having secured this consent, we costed a number of alternative solutions including the procurement of a new satellite dish.
- The most cost effective solution - which saved $300K - was to disassemble an existing dish at Nine’s (Territory Television) Darwin site and to reassemble and lift this onto a new platform on the roof of NPC.
- The construction of an air-conditioned Rack Room to house the switching equipment, UPS and batteries for the dish.
- The project was delivered in a 24x7, 365 day live operating environment on time and below budget.
- NBN Newcastle Office Fitout & Studios
- Northern Territory Television, 82 Mitchell Street Darwin, Base Building Upgrade, Office Fitout & Studio
- NPC fitout and base building refurbishment